Friday, March 13, 2009

Cramer versus The Jew

I couldn't get through all of Jon Stewart's interview with Jim Cramer. It made me uncomfortable. There was the whiff of a ratings grab, the hint of an ambush and a trace of hypocrisy in Steward criticizing Cramer for running an entertainment show people treat as truth.

But Freepers...well, they took things in a bit of a different way:

ponygirl has some pretty trenchant criticism:

Jon Stewart is a swishy little metrosexual b!tch.

scott says knows Stewart's soul:
Yeah, he really exudes an ugly nasty vibe. He could be talking about sports and I would be repulsed by him, LOL.
The guy has some serious issues, no doubt.
XeniaSt noticed something about Stewart's heritage:
Jon Stewart Leibowitz hammered Jim Cramer and his network, CNBC,

Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz is a self loathing Jew.

Yeah, he never mentioned his Jewishness. Nice attempt to make Stewart an Uncle Tom, though. Funny, though, what with you hating when Blacks criticize Condi and Justice Thomas for their blackness.

wardaddy
goes for actual antisemitism:

nothing personal to Jewish freepers but Stewart epitomizes a very witty comedic Jewish guy who has run his mouth all his life but has never had to cash the check

a sure sign of an upper middle class upbringing....demean folks with impunity
Stewart (unlike Cramer maybe) would crumble at the first blow

Though it devolved into clasism in the end. Freeper PC?

And Sig Sauer P220 shows how media savvy he is:

I always confuse Stewart with Anderson 360. I wonder why.

My theory is that you are an ignoramus.

2 comments:

  1. XeniaSt's comment is amazing. I can't even COUNT the levels of anti-semitism in that post!!!

    On a separate note, I watched the interview, though I really didn't enjoy it at all. Stewart did a good job, but I kept feeling bad for Jim Cramer. I don't think he's a bad guy, but a LOT of people take his advice very seriously. In the end, though, and Stewart made this point, it's more about the institution of finance reporting, and Cramer is a byproduct of that. He just has the misfortune of being one of the more high profile faces.

    And seriously. "They lied to me" is some seriously weak-sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the whole uncensored interview and I loved it. I noticed that Freepers seem to have mixed reactions to Jon Stewart. About half of them love him even though he's a liberal and half of them hate him. But Stewart does seem to get a few more fans when he goes after someone they hate like Chris Matthews. Then those who don't like him seem to give him some grudging respect.

    ReplyDelete