Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sweet Jesus I hate Dr. Laura

When I lived in California, I would at times catch snatches of Dr. Laura. In fact, I used it as an alarm, because if my clock radio played her, sheer hatred would propel me out of bed to turn it off.
So no, I wasn't to surprised when she said that wives are to blame when husbands cheat.

I did, however, get myself over to Free Republic to see what they thought. While the agreement wasn't universal, the thread was pretty sexist.

Keith Brown (Among the other evils being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised Machiavelli.) is raising the next generation of strong women:
Sounds like Dr Laura is being reasonable on this one....

I told my daughters that men who have slobby, short hair, un womanly women, have girlfriends who are sharp, womanly and sexy...because it's a fact.
And by strong women I meant women who are anorexic by the time they're 20.

longtermmemmory (VOTE! http://www.senate.gov and http://www.house.gov) seems to speak from experience:

she has a point.

We hear about it constantly, who wants to go home to a nag and a schrew? nobody.

Do the same people who condemn adultery also condemn the person who get a divorce to get away from the above stated smelly schrew? yes. can’t have both.

Women who are cheated on are all nags and shrews. And smelly! I think there's likley a story there, but I don't think I want to know it.

Maigrey (Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus --- Hogwarts Motto) takes thing for a bit of a sinister turn:
The ones who ask for a more-varied menu end up getting shotgunned in their own bed while they are asleep. (see Mary Winkler in TN)

Then have the nerve to say that the husband was "abusing" her by making her wear high heels....

Sheesh!
Yes, nowadays it's men vs. women with the prize: a "varied menu" (secret conservative buttsex?)

But not all agree with Dr. Laura. bjs1779 says
After seeing her in her youth, I always think of her name as Dr. Laura Slutinger.
Dr. Slutinger! Hilarious! See, it's funny cause someone once photographed her naked.

Keith Brown (Among the other evils being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised Machiavelli.) returns fire, however:

“Dr. Laura is a slut.”

So what?

Sluts are great gals!

Who do you think is doing all the heavy lifting while the “good” girls are making up their minds?

I am never such a hypocrite to be snotty to someone like that....

Nope. No double standard there. I do wonder how many Freepers like the 19th Amendment.

No comments:

Post a Comment