Thursday, January 7, 2010

Avatar

I saw Avatar last weekend. So did Freepers. Hilarity ensued:

Williams notes that the film is liberal:
The enraging anti-American message. The evil guys decide to “fight terror with terror” and they launch a “shock and awe” campaign. I’m convinced that big tree was meant to be like the World Trade Towers, so we would feel that we are doing something to innocents as bad as what was done to us.

For the bad movie, and the bad politics, I spit on James Cameron.

So far, I agree. I cringed at Cameron's lack of subtlety, and I liked Ghost Rider.

Hayzo knows what Cameron was secretly doing, though - propaganda!

These hollywood liberal directors know their message will be rejected by most Americans unless the message is packaged with a pretty bow.

Yeah, audiences just don't buy military bad guys!

668 - Neighbor of the Beast expands the circle of evil:

My eyes would roll in a circle in a hoop that never ends, having to listen to that a few hundred times while babysitting Beloved Sibling. Who is coming up conservative, in spite of Disney.

Didn’t care for the gay undercurrents in Mulan either, but that’s another thread.

Avatar? No thanks.

Swiss takes a metaphor and makes a law of nature:

I call it the “Obama” effect. The media hypes something up “Awesome Special Effects”, “New Kind of Politician”, “A Movie like you never seen before”, “First African-American President ever”,”Touching Story”, “Hope and Change”, etc.

People wanting to get on the bandwagon buys an Avatar ticket or votes for Obama and finds the product not as good as the hype but James Cameron makes a mint to make his next liberal movie and Obama sleeps in the White House.

The key is will people keep buying the hype the media puts out?

pissant wants you all to get off his lawn:

My idea of cineam though is Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, Bogart, and Audrey Hepburn. Little pricks like Tom Cruise and Decrapio don’t interest me.

Halgr gets the last laugh:

I really don’t care, I spent over $100 dollars taking several grandchildren to see it............TWICE!!!

I thought it was an excellent movie.

AND I VOTED FOR REAGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Unlike some here, I go to movies to be ENTERTAINED.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what 668 thinks of the similar "gay undercurrents" in at least one Shakespeare play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its amazing how bad the grammar is on free republic.

    ReplyDelete