Monday, February 10, 2014

Superbowl = Tim Tebow whinging time!

Shoulda gotten to this sooner, but I watched the Superbowl last week. The game was disappointing, but the party was pretty good. I liked the Dorito Time machine commercial, and the post-game right-wing Coke-a-Cola rage show.

I may get to that shortly, but in the meantime, there is the Freepers noting the Bronco's loss is because they traded Tim Tebow, whose open Christianity they think is somehow new to the NFL. Now, a surprising number of Freepers do post how Tebow just wasn't that good. But that only drives those who have latched onto the persecution narrative to ever greater declarations of oppressed talent:

Theophilus watches all Football with Tebow in mind nowadays:
Last night was the Schadenfruede Bowl and my toes were curling. Denver shiuld have kept Tebow and bought a defense.
Pajamajan knows it's not a free market - she senses feat in the NFL:
The NFL blacklisted him because he's Christian. They won't let him play. They almost seem afraid to let him play.

I'm just not really interested in the NFL anymore, because of what they did to Tebow. I had no idea they were so+ against Christianity.

Would love to see him have the chance to play again, but, I guess there's no chance that's going to happen.

The NFL is done.
tcrlaf knows who controls the media:
Tebow was an Important issue to the gays that run the vast majority of today’s mainstream media.

Media the NFL needs to survive.
Oliviaforever delivers:
IF the Broncos had kept Tim Tebow, I am sure that the Broncos would today be Super Bowl Champions.
pepsionice explains how faith is better than skill:
There are two ways to win a football game. One with talent. One with inspiration and determination. It’s safe to say that Tebow did not have an awful lot of talent. You wouldn’t put him in the top twelve quarterbacks of the season....when he was playing. So, what he brought to the table was inspiration...pure and simple. He could drive the entire team to do what had to be done. Most teams, we’d all agree on this....win with talent. Rarely does a team make it to the Super Bowl....with mostly inspiration (very rare). From a team-building mentality....I’d hire for talent, not inspiration.
shibumi is sure there was a conspiracy against Tebow to make him look bad on the field:
It's pretty hard to win games when your team mates turn into stone-handed oafs - but only when *you* are on the field.

Let's face the truth:

If Tebow had broken out a prayer rug and bowed to Mecca every time he scored, the league and its sycophantic press corps would have done every thing possible to see that he had only the best receivers, the best coverage and every other break they could possibly give him.

But to them, Christianity is a tumor and as ansel12 pointed out, they simply had to remove it.

11 comments:

  1. Of course FR has plenty of Tebowtards.

    Psst...guys...if Tebow was actually a good QB, he would actually be playing in the NFL now! He doesn't have the skills needed to compete at the pro level!

    I...gah...ugh. In a way I wanted the Broncs to win so the Tebowtards would FINALLY shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait - somebody thinks Tim Tebow is better than Peyton Manning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most exhausting things about being a lefty is keeping track of all the obscure things I'm supposed to give a flying fuck about, according to FR.

    So Tebow is a Christian, I gather, which means he is a rare and delicate flower Whose Like Will Not Be Seen Again, which means I want him banned from a game I don't care about, and replaced by a Muslim fundamentalist, because Tebow hates gays but the Muslim will, I guess, embrace them and then aid me in destroying capitalism? Is that roughly what my position is supposed to be on this utterly boring topic and these people in whom I could not conceivably be less interested?

    Help a brother out, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah - you nailed it. No help needed. :)

      I'm all for faith, go to Mass, go to confession (that can take some time even on a good week!) but I am minded of Matthew 6:5:

      "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

      It's not something to make a huge fuss about. It just is. Witnessing your faith should be done in actions, not in words. Overt displays make me nervous. And, as said upthread - they don't make an average QB into a good one!

      Delete
  4. Isn't pepsionice saying the exact opposite of what you implied?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really tell what any of them are saying. I have this rubric: If something happens and there is a rational response to it, freepers will have the opposite reaction. It works almost 100% of the time.

      Delete
    2. Yeah. I read it the same way Anonymous 5:14. It's makes sense.

      Delete
    3. Pepsionice nailed it, but it's so rare to find logic in that environment you have to read it a few times to realize he is making perfect sense.

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read the Freeper comments about the NFL and whatever team drafts Michael Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pfff. Gay Jews, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I got brain cancer from reading that "article".

    The only way that so-called author can redeem himself after churning out such dreck is to kill himself.

    ReplyDelete