Friday, November 9, 2007

RON PAUL ACCUSED U.S. TROOPS OF SOMETHING

Because it gives my site hits in almost the double digits, and because Free Republic has finally started to ban all Ron Paul Supporters, as it did with Rudy a while ago, I return to the Ron Paul well.

It seems Ron Paul had a newsletter wherein he discussed US Troops bulldozing over Iraqi troops back in the Bush I days.

I always thought this story was common knowledge. Indeed, Google turns up no sites disagreeing with this idea.

Free Republic, as usual, begs to differ with the reality based community:

The Headline is
RON PAUL ACCUSED U.S. TROOPS OF WAR CRIMES IN DESERT STORM

Because I guess if you have already surrendered, you are a POW and can't be shot under the Geneva Convention. I didn't know Free Republic cared about such a quaint document. Also, I don't see any evidence of this accusation in the Ron Paul excerpt I got to see.

Darksheare mixes up post surrender execution with pre-surrender execution (which is not a war crime as far as I know, though it is still despicable).

Ah yes, the famous ‘surrender’ ploy the Iraqis used in Desert Storm.
The Iraqis would walk out with their hands up, tank turrets reversed, etc, and once they got within range of our guuys [sic], the turrets would spin about (try to) and the soldiers would pull out pistols.
Chuck Horner recounts just such an event in “Every Man A Tiger” if memory serves.

Yeah, that Iraqi Army was really committed to Saddam's cause. But if that one guy said it in a book, I believe him over the rest of the media. Good thing we buried them all alive then. AMERICA ROCKS!

And then there's the hate:
Be consistent, he’s apparently not only a lunatic, but a traitor.
This is my favorite though:
Ron Paul is a liberal and so are all his supporters.
HAHAHAHA! Holy Manichean cosmology Batman! If you're not with us you're a...a LIBERAL! There is no room for Libertarians or isolationist conservatives in Free Republic World! Well, at least he's not Hillary Clinton. Or Is he...?
=========================================
Free Republic, while it zotted (banned) Rudy supporters, did not do so for disciples of Paul. Until recently. I have an idea as to why.

So there are a lot of zotted comments on these boards. See, on Free Republic, when you are banned, your recent comments are often deleted as well. So I have no idea what they said for the most part, though I did get one clue...
For that kind of money we could have invested in technolgy to give us flying cars like they had in that futuristic cartoon show the Jetsons running on an alternative energy source instead if continueing to p*ss things away in that middle east rathole.

Uh...

Forget the buffet, see the medical officer....

Ask for the green pill with the white stripe....
Not sure whether the poster is telling the Paulite to take Lithium or Cyanide. That's kind of a sad commentary on Free Republic itself.

Though while I think the war is wasting a whole bucketload of money, I'm not sure I'd take the flying car approach in pointing the worth of the money wasted. Anyhow, that comment got that guy banned from the internets.

Within 2 minutes.

Those admins must have been watching this thread, waiting for Ron Paul people to come up. Oh, Free Republic, have you fallen to the depths of redstate?

No comments:

Post a Comment