Saturday, May 5, 2012

Jim Robinson wonders why Freepers can't all just get along.

FresnoGrifter pointed this out, but I'd seen it already, I tells ya! So after Free Republic's fundraising went from anemic to terminal, Free Republic's founder Jim Robinson has thrown in the towel, posting that he wants a 'truce' and then discussing various belt tightening he's planning. Of course, it's as unclear what this truce means as what his previous policy about Romney supporters was. submarinerswife explains about Obama:
Bottom line is that Obama is killing us. He will have unfettered power once he gets another 4 yrs without the worry of re election. I'm relieved that you have had to look more closely at the realistic bottom line. Romney 2012. (it makes me queasy but this is all we got)
Earthdweller doesn't let grudges go, so he's going to make this a passive-aggressive truce:
The Rombots are now dead to me.... clarification , (not literally)..meaning, I will not acknowledge them....will not support them..will not even look at them..period. My back is all they will ever see..or ever deserve.
Charles Henrickson wants to let back all the Freepers that got zotted. But not the trolls, of course!
what does this "truce" mean? What will be different from the last few months? For example, will those longtime FReepers who were banned be able to come back? Will their posting privileges be restored? I'm not talking about obvious DU-type trolls, disruptors. I'm talking about people who got the zot but whose posting history and sign-up date makes it clear they were not trolls. Is there a way of un-zotting them or letting them know they can come back now? I think it would help the morale around here.
Earthdweller akes refuge in smugness and sloganeering:
The Romneybot sellouts will not hear another peep from me Jim, they will get their "reward" one day anyway in monetary loss, freedom loss and loss of what is left of their dignity. Let the head of the snake think it has a chance to live,while we go for the soft underbelly, stay in it for the long haul...wear them out locally with contested races and then go in for the finish! Go TEA party!
GonzoGOP basically says WOLVERINES in so many words:
We are the resistance!!
A perfect motto, because we have to start thinking and acting like resistance fighters. Ambush, subversion, concentration of effort, and most of all carefully picking our fights.
OB1kNOb is awesome in his explanation of how he evolved to be able to hate Obama so much he'll vote for Romney:
For the longest, I too have vowed to never vote for that fake conservative Romney, but gradually, my conscious has continued to force me to focus on the unmitigated evil actions and subversive deeds that have been carried out by the Manchurian Candidate currently fouling the White House and our Constitution with his marxist stench and thuggery. Personally IMO, and FReepers certainly may disagree with me, I firmly believe what we have in the Presidency, Senate, House, and Judicial system is proof positive of the beginning of God's judgment on this nation for turning away from Him. This nation is no longer willing to repent, turn away from its increasingly wicked ways, and restore its faith and obedience in the Almighty Creator that gives us our unalienable rights in the first place. Over the past couple of months my thinking has evolved on how I plan to vote. Firstly, I plan to vote FOR any candidate I believe exhibits true conservative principles. That part never changes. The part that has changed is where there is no conservative candidate to vote for. When you think about it, most every argument is framed in the context of who one plans to vote FOR. Well, from now on, I don't necessarily vote FOR one candidate over another. For the upcoming election and future elections, I've decided I will vote FOR conservative candidates. Where no such candidates exist, I will be casting my vote AGAINST the loathsome candidate that I absolutely refuse to be led by. Others may see this as simply wordplay and that I'm still voting for the lesser of two evils. That's their opinion. Only I know the real reason I vote the way I do, and I will choose to vote AGAINST the evil that is currently destroying this nation at an increasing pace.
Come for the "Obama is God's curse," stay for the endorsement of hatevoting! betty boop worries about Obama's second term giving him new, superpowers.
JimRob's advice about downticket voting is absolutely right. My only concern is that, even if we were to stack the House and Senate with Tea Party conservatives, given the way Obama prefers to govern — illegally, through executive orders and administrative and executive departments which write the regulations that are ensnaring us, without recourse to Congress — it may not be enough to stop him from destroying the Republic. This criminal conspiracy MUST be removed from the Oval Office. This is the most corrupt executive I have ever seen in my life, and perhaps in all American history. I worry the Republic cannot survive four more years of it.
JPII Be Not Afraid was being torn apart:
It broke my heart to see all the bickering tearing us all apart. We should have one goal right now and that is ridding us of Obama and taking back congress with true conservatives! With this I am a new $10.00 a month donor! Thanks again for all you do and I know it took a lot on your part to call this truce and for those of us felt rejected by FR for our ABO stance can call now this place home again. My heart is singing!
Cringing Negativism Network has the spirit:
PALIN 2016 It starts now.
cuban leaf makes yet another of his super rare predictions he can't shut up about:
I’ve avoided making such predictions in future elections, but I say it with strong conviction this time: There will be no 2016 election. And it matters not who wins in 2012. Note: Conviction still equals IMO.
Never on my watch is making the sacrifice now that Jim has graced him with not yelling at him:
Well said Jim. Finances have been tight for my family lately but I finally received back some of the money the IRS seized from me last year, so I am sending in my part today
Jim Robinson clarifies his truce:
I don’t care what other members do for Romney, but please do not expect me or any other pro-life, pro-family, pro-gun, pro-small government person who declines to support him to join in on the Romney parade. I will not vote for him, will not endorse him, will not support him, will not campaign for him and will not run banners for him. And I will reserve the right to support another candidate if a miracle happens at the convention and a real conservative jumps in. But I don’t want to see the tea party or the conservative movement or FR to be destroyed because of him and Rove. Like the man said, we have bigger fish to fry.
Yeah, I still have no idea either
but the Freepathon jumped nearly 9k tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Jim Rob tips his hand .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, the Freepathon is still stalled, despite his ham-handed attempt at damage control. The only reason it's actually jumped a few % is because he lowered the required funds from $94,000 to $88,000...

      Oh wait a sec...I just popped over to Freeptardia and apparently they've gone from about 42% to 70% overnight, since Jim rolled in all the monthlies. What a crock. Even when Jim used to roll in the monthlies he never saw 30% gains.

      Ultimately, being the scammer he is, I wouldn't even trust Jim's calculations on how much the Freepathons bring in at any moment or in the end. Since he does no work on the site, and most of the costs are unjustifiable, it's pretty much all profit for Jim and his family. I'm sure he doesn't care if he hits $94,000 or $60,000.

      What I do think this jump means is that Jim knows he went over the line and that his damage control attempt will not help with funding. But since the Freepers need a strong handed authoritarian leader to tell them everything is alright, he randomly dialed up the donations to 70% this morning. What a joke.

      Delete
  2. LET THE SLOW PROCESS OF ACCEPTING ROMNEY BEGIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.techlawjournal.com/courts/freerep/19991029rob.htm

    Robinson's mere GED and his failure in life may be due to MD? I am not his judge. Free Republic is loaded with Palin punks now. These punks have mouths that make a lot of Obama fans look tame. I quit the damn site after many years.

    ReplyDelete