Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sign wars

I worked on a campaign back in 2009 (I think?). One of the things that surprised me was the significance supporters put on yard signs. Running out of yard signs at your office was a big problem.

Needless to say, in this thread Gina found, Freepers take this to the extreme:

Cindy of Nashville tells this story:
I was just on my way home from the store sitting at a red light. There were 2 vehicles parked along the curb making everyone have to go around them. The front vehicle was jammed full of campaign signs, a woman in the other vehicle got out, took an Obama sign out of the front vehicle, walked up to a Romney/Ryan sign, pulled it out of the ground and hurled it like a frisbee into the field, then put the Obama sign where the Romney sign used to be. The person in the car behind me blew their horn and yelled at these people, "We saw you, go get that sign and put it back up." The Obama people told them to "Go to hell". The light turned green, people were blowing their horns so I had to move on. I don't know if a fight ensued or not. Seems like most of the Obama supporters have no shame. I have decided the best thing to do is stay away from them, don't do business with them, don't help them, try to always live without having to have any dealings with them, because most of them are the dregs of society. They prove this everyday for all to see.
To tell the truth, this could be real. Sign wars do get heated. Luckily, Freepers are never ones to shy away from complete fantasy.

lovesdogs tells a story of her own:
Just the other day an Oidiot supporter was in my dog park lecturing a bench of conservative seniors about her idol. When she got to the part about how his bow to Saudi royalty was a cultural thing, I let loose. She got the lecture about what the Revolutionary war was about and how our leaders never bow to foreign power. Right about that very second her dog submitted to a much larger male which was a quite useful illustration of my point.

These people are not use to our side taking getting in their faces. We are the polite ones and must continue to be in most instances. But when they are behaving badly we must call them on it.

As far as the signs go, my city says that signage of any sort cannot go on public property which includes swales. While I would never remove a sign on a swale in front of a home, business is fair game as are parks. If anyone wants to check local ordinance. You might be doing your city a favor if you remove signs on public property.
Yes, everyone knows businesses are public property! roadcat advocates a MacGuyver solution:
Others use pepper spray or oil, or poison ivy, dye, grease etc. you don't need to injure others to make a point while still making them suffer. I liked the one where the property owner connected up his low-wattage light wires to the sign.
harpu just wants to shoot liberals:
It's also against the law in Texas to remove or deface a politcal sign in place.

Personally, however, I kind of hope someone would mess with the sign I have my front yard so that I can shoot'em for 'cause'.
max americana has a plan:
I have advocated absolute war against libtards for the past 5 years as I have stated time and time again, we simply cannot co-exist with these bastards but Freepers think I’m just a mean right-winger for which I really am.
MtBaldy goes into detail about how to be a total crazy asshole:
I agree with you and say the same thing, hurt them however and whenever you can. Don’t break the law but look for any legal way you can find to make their lives miserable. If you work with one and know they’re stealing, drop an anonymous dime on them. If you have firing authority, look for a way to fire them. If you have liberal neighbors look for a way to call the police on them. If you have liberal acquaintances look for ways to damage their relationships or maybe get them evicted from their dwelling if they rent. I guarantee they will do the same to you if they find out you’re a conservative. Conservatives need to stop taking the high road and get down in the gutter with the libs.
ottbmare wants a Civil War:
The more I see of this behavior the more I think Jeff Davis had it right. Maybe we ought to revisit the whole CSA concept. All the leftists can stay north of the Mason-Dixon Line while the normal people can live to the south of it.

Nah, it would never work. Conservatives fight with each other too much.

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Oz. Here's one to check out: A guy wins the lottery just after his girlfriend dumps him. FR unleashes its hatred of women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your thread,

      "I hate to say this, but I wonder if the ex girlfriend is a caucasion woman who was born here. I cannot see how she has anything in common with a culture so different from ours. Personally, I cannot find any common ground with someone from that region. It seems once they are here and make money, then they don’t even want a woman from their country. They will, though, want her to adopt their religion and culture."

      I hate to say this, but the word you are looking for is "nigger lover".

      I hate to say this, but you Freepers are cowards.




      Delete
  2. Freepers and most right wingers are getting desperate. How desperate? They're trying to spin Obama out of context as hard as they fucking can.

    On his second appearance on the Daily Show, Obama said that though he did say it was an act of terror, the overall communication at the time on the Benghazi tragedy was pretty bad. Leading in from Stewarts statement "I would say and even you would admit it was not the optimal response - at least to the American people as far as all of us being on the same page.", Obama said that "If four Americans get killed, it's not optimal. "

    Freepers conveniently did not hear the context, yet again.

    9 threads.

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2947040/posts

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2946961/posts

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2946892/posts

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2946857/posts

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2946987/posts

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2946931/posts

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2946999/posts

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2946950/posts

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2946871/posts

    ReplyDelete