Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Fun with Flags

As Freepers continue to reel after their series of defeats late last week, one of the main issues is the feeling of helplessness. None of these reversals were caused by the political branches of government, so none of them can be easily changed by focusing on the next election.

So a lot of Freepers are taking refuge in symbolism and flags. Now, I'm not a flag code purist - I wouldn't do it personally, but I do not judge others who flying the American flag upside down to show you're pissed at something political. But Freepers are imbuing such acts with an amusing amount of significance.

Even more amusingly, the topic starts as "Is it time to fly the US flag upside down" but as Freepers attempt to one-up one another, other flags make an appearance, gaining in obscurity as Freepers try to out-Freep one another.

Secret Agent Man knows it's time to fly all sorts of angry right-wing flags:
Yes.

As would be the gadsden.

As would be the original 13 colonies flag.
usconservative is gonna have a regular UN of rebellion outside of his house:
Does today's ruling by SCOTUS constitute legitimate reasons to fly the flag upside down?

Been doing that (when I fly my flag...) since November of 2008.

As soon as my Confederate flag arrives that I ordered the other day, I'm going to fly that one on my second flagpole. I'll have to put up a third to also fly my Gadsden flag.
Rembrandt may not be taking this seriously...
I’ve had a magnetic Am. flag upside down on my fridge for three years now. The current President is a complete affront to all this country stands for and yearns to be!
I also suspect bert of not truly understanding the cause:
thanks for the post and the explanatory effort.
two years ago I visited the eastern shore of Maryland to eat mass quantities of crab cakes and where I bought this bumper sticker. It is localizing the sentiment rather than mocking it.
There was another that said "We're not Maryland we're the Eastern Shore"
 
clearcarbon seems to also be taking the piss
Start simple. Do it with flag postage stamps.
RicocheT has a nice, easy rebellion:
Obama’s re-election was the impetus for me to retire Old Glory. I figured the government was under the occupation of a enemy foreign power and the US flag no longer represented my country.

I fly the Gadsten flag on holidays as I’m in rebellion.
Carl Vehse has really lows standards for when the US is in danger:
The U.S. flag needs to be flown upside down to signal dire distress any time a demonicrat traitor is in the White House, or the SCOTUS is in session.
Longdriver69 is never actually going to bother:
It’s time to burn the fag flag.
Arthur McGowan's conspiracy-soup means it's time!
When LBJ murdered JFK, it was time to fly the flag upside-down. Problem was, the people who knew—like RFK and Jackie—both had zipper problems, and feared Hoover and LBJ.

When Clinton and Hillary! were handing over missile and nuclear technology to the Red Chinese would have been a good time.

When the Saudis attacked the U.S. on 9/11, and Bush whisked a planeload of Saudis out of the country, without even an FBI interview, would have been a good time.

When Obama was elected through voter fraud, both times, would have been a good time. (If McCain or Romney had ever moved into the White House would have been a good time.)

From now until (IF) Obama leaves the White House is a good time to fly the flag upside-down. If anyone but Ted Cruz moves in will be a good time, since otherwise the borders will remain open, Islam will continue to control our government, etc.
RetiredArmy has done a private little secession from America.
I took mine down and have replaced it with my Christian flag. That is all I will fly from now on. This is not my country any longer. The courts, the so called leadership in Sodom on the Potomac is not my leaders any longer. Obama has never been my president. I will no longer vote for RINOcrat party members. I am done with them.

For I am not a citizen of this world as my Bible tells me. I am a monarchist. My King is coming and He is not of this stinking world. Satan is the ruler of this world and has been since Adam fell. Christ purchased us back on the Cross, those that would Believe by Faith and Faith alone. Just Believe. I do. Thus He is my King. I look up each day because my redemption draws near. My King is coming and He ain’t of this stinking, rotten, sin filled world. Come LORD Jesus!!
WP Lonestar also keeps his rebellion subtle:
If anyone can’t see that our country is in distress and under attack from enemies domestic they are a damn fool. I’ve been wearing an upside down flag on my leather vest for quite sometime and have had the Confederate battle flag on my wall for years. 
Poor tcrlaf is on the wrong forum, and probably in the wrong party...
What possible good comes from flying the flag upside down, instead of getting out into the streets PROTESTING this nonsense?

As long as there is no real pushback, the left will continue to push, push, push until all that is left is a perverted, Communist State formerly called “America”
greene66 has got to weigh in:
All I know is that I will NEVER fly my American flag again, as long as this country holds homo-pervert marriage as legal. It would be like personally endorsing what has become an evil, depraved nation.
Benito Cereno has a random flag quote!
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H.L. Mencken
JudyinCanada has a Canadian twist on the usual flagsturbation:
I was considering doing that with my American flag (which I fly on the shore of Lake Erie) when Obama was “elected”. I chose to fold it nicely, kiss it goodbye, and put it into storage until the day (if it comes) when sanity is restored to our good neighbour.
matginzac is all for a flag conspiracy:
Interesting that Chris Kyle had an American Flag hanging upside down in his living room..
Think he knew something?
clearcarbon may wonder why all these gay guys are cheering him on...
"Fly a rainbow flag with a swastika on it.” 
Sexual disorientation banner. Four question marks joined at the tail with arrow and cross both pointed into the circle dot.
 
sauropod proudly tells how his deep flag hipsterism got him into trouble
I had an MP pull me over on post one time because my Klamath River Uprising had the flag depicted upside down and the big oaf didn’t know what that meant nor did he seem inclined to find out.
kaehurowing is all about the latest in flag trends:
I am flying the Appeal to Heaven flag from now on. Google Appeal to Heaven flag and you will get a lot more information.

Urge everyone else to do that too.
I Googled. Any message is far from clear.

All Hail The Mighty Pine!

6 comments:

  1. rai·son d'ê·tre
    ˌrāzôn ˈdetrə/
    noun
    the most important reason or purpose for someone or something's existence.


    What is the purpose of Free Republic now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, every once in a while, one has to take an objective look at FR and appreciate the utter genius of JimRob.

      Somehow, beyond all odds, JimRob has managed to convince a not inconsiderable number of people that keeping him in breadsticks and cheap beer is somehow saving the nation.

      Delete
    2. Either:

      - Whine about things you don't like OR
      - Post evidence that you are crazy

      Delete
    3. What if there were someone who had an interest in keeping an eye on the Cluck Bucket? What if someone like the Department of Justice, for example, chipped in a few bucks every now and then just to keep Free Republic alive?

      Keeping an eye on the Freepers who are demonstrably insane? That might just be worth a little money.

      Delete
    4. Freepers like to pretend that FR is being monitored anyway, that they are on watch lists ... it would be great fun to use a freeper log-in to start creating suspicions that the most virulent of anti-Obama, anti-everything freepers are really government agents trying to entrap them.

      Delete
  2. The Appeal to Heaven flag appears to be an obscure reference to the American Revolution. Here's a Wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Tree_Flag

    ReplyDelete