Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Carrie Underwood Supports Gay Marriage

Doctor_TeethM's eye for quality found this gem.

Pop-country singer Carrie Underwood mentioned in passing that she supports gay marriage.  Freepers jump on her, of course.

But it kinda seems to me that they're yearning for another Dixie Chicks victory more than actually focusing on Ms. Underwood. The lack of any attacks on her talent/looks is a giveaway. 

Freepers are seeming more and more dispirited lately.

ReformationFan blames the lack of modern Calvinism:
And the Christian star from Oklahoma doesn’t agree with “people who use the Bible for hate.”’
To that I wish to quote the great English Calvinistic Baptist preacher Charles Haddon Spurgeon-
“He who does not hate the false, does not love the true.’
Uncle Slayton is still around, and still bringing it!
Her music must be Banished from every country radio station and from every Christian radio station.
Do like they did with the Beatles albums in the 1960’s and burn her albums in the streets.
faucetman knows of only two non-devil tool rich people:
Money and fame are tools of the devil. I am so disappointed to learn that she has fallen from grace and fraternizes with the devil. That she would sell her soul for fame and money.
It does happen to most of them. The only exceptions that come to mind are Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.
randog connects being pro-gay marriage with pride: 
“Feel Good! Fell Good! Feel Good!
Modern Man, Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall be about me!”
Or my favorite anti-worship song:
All to meeeeeeeeeee
And none to Youuuuuuu
Goes the glory!!

MikeSteelBe thinks public school teachers are the new child molesters: 
I used to think of child molesters when Jesus spoke about the horrible millstone-around-the neck drowning fate of those who cause the little ones to stumble.
Now I see public school “teachers” who brainwash children with Marxism, and spiritually retarded nitwits like Carrie who pervert God’s truth and happen to have a some influence over people.
I can generate a little respect for those who vehemently deny God because they choose a lifestyle contrary to God’s ways.
Folks like that are also not causing any young followers of Christ to stumble.
People who think they are Christians but are not and pervert the Word are the worst.
I have no problem with my God exacting some mafia-style vengeance upon them.
LibLieSlayer actually gets around to hating Carrie Underwood: 
She no longer exists to me. She has embraced darkness and cursed the light.
cherry allows she's good looking but doesn't much care for her music:
she's a screamer....a nice looking woman but still a screamer...
Gargantua draws the appropriate conclusion:
Carrie Underwood, carpet muncher.
Crucial defends her in the most condescending way possible:
Big deal. She's a woman and woman tend to be sensitive towards "perceived" victims, inequalities, people in trouble, etc. It's a knee jerk reaction called the mothering instinct. Many conservsatives have probably benefited from it from time to time.
Norm Lenhart is sure this was calculated to attract liberals to country music:
She’s taking the Dixie Chicks gamble...that there are enough and more lib fans to replace the ones in CW she knows she’ll lose. Twisted Sister recording a Christmas album did well with it because of the novelty/absurdity/comedy factor. Same for Pat Boone’s Metal album. Neither was intentionally slapping their base in the face. This is just plain idiotic.
fatima's town has turned gay: 
I work in a town that has quickly turned Gay as they call it. I have been hit on many times as a female by females, they mostly seem confused and lost.
The gay as they call it men were mostly drunks and the females druggies.
Then you have the sober people who are homosexuals.
We have a man dressed up as a woman walking the street taking ads.
I am friends with some, most do not support gay marriage and feel it's a joke.

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid that because if Carrie supports Gay marriages I won't be listening to anymore of her music. I was shocked and saddened to hear this. I voted for her when she was on American Idol. I loved her song "Jesus take the Wheel" And when I heard her singing Rock of Ages with Vince Gill I was so touched. But then this, I was really hurt to hear what she said. But, I'm not the One she has to answer to.

    ReplyDelete