Monday, February 25, 2013

Freepers hate the Oscars

Via MDaF

There's a growing trend in hating Hollywood among the right wing bloggers. alicublog has been having some fun with it lately.

Freepers seem more into rumbling about revolution than yelling about Hollywood these days. But then Michelle Obama showed up, and they hated with the weapons the had:

4integrity wishes Michelle Obama had brought everything down:
I would say it was unbelievable to have Michelle Obama appear and read nominees at the Oscars but......NOTHING is unbelievable with the people in the White House and the Administration. I wonder just how much it cost us to have Mrs. Obama appear on this show. It was sickening. With so many problems in the country and in the world, is this what she needs to focus on?? Perhaps, it would have been acceptable, had she spoke about gaining freedom from a Pakistani prison for the Dr. who helped with the BinLaden mission. But, that would not have been glamorous enough... what a sad state our country is in. May God help us.
Understand the stimulus knows what's coming!
my dear friend, OBAMA has started preparing his wife to run for President in 2016...this is exactly what happened in Argentina...the bang's she now wears is geared to attracting the DUMB MINORITY KID VOTE...the mexican marxists...and the 8% now collecting social security disability payments from places like Maine where a non doctor can approve parasites for payments...as usual the brain dead republicans who rely on the likes of Carl “rat” Rove who uses a whiteboard last used in the NFL 30 years ago to set policy and political angles..sadly this dummy cant find knowledge when its in his face...
Sarah Barracuda thinks Argo won cause it's so pro-Iran:
Thank goodness I did not see Fonda..but from what I hear she looked like a big ass Communist bumblebee(Surprised she did not wear red) but then I come into the room and I see the walrus Michelle Obama giving an award(Figures, it had to do with Iran and Obama loves Iran) for best picture..mind as well have let Chuck Hagel present the award
conservative cat is reminded of the Communist Oscars:
Really disgusting. I have never seem the likes of it in a non-communist country.
ConservativeInPA thinks the problem is that everyone is gay:
This is what happens when you watch a bunch of fudge packing faggots on TV. What do you expect? A conservative to show up?
L.A.Justice thinks everyone is Freepers:
I am sure that ABC will hear that many viewers stopped watching the show the moment Michelle O showed up...Yes, she is not an elected official. But, still, ABC should have realized that her appearance would inject politics into the show. I do believe the opinion poll which states that most Americans have a positive opinion of Michelle O...But, I think there is a significant minority which has a negative opinion of her. (I am in that minority.) I am doubtful that ABC executives had too many interactions with people in that minority...
dupree has been hating the Oscars for ages now.
For Oscar fans this is OUTRAGEOUS! I used to love to watch the Academy Awards when I was a kid in the 70’s. Good movies, good acting. Now the show is just a joke. How appropriate that one of the Obama clowns shows up to ruin the show even more.
Prospero also hates the Oscars - which shows how much more conservative he is than you!
It is genuinely hard for me to believe any of the kinds of quality Americans and other "periscopes up into reality" who regularly read and occasionally contribute to FreeRepublic would settle down in front of a television and deliberately watch the Academy Awards presentation program.

I'm amazed, frankly. Without trying to "one-up" anyone... really, I can't remember the last time I watched that torture, but not ever in this century at least. What did any of you who deliberately volunteered to become a part of the audience sold to the telecast's advertisers expect to see?

What was the "draw," I guess is my question? I remember watching it, with interest, and I am still a bona fide connoisseur of the art of motion pictures, but the "meat parade" (as George C. Scott referred to it, when he refused the Best Actor award) broadcast has been too offensive a spectacle for responsible American citizens to have to sit through at least since "America Beauty" was declared Best Picture, and probably since Marlon Brando sent "Little Feather" to accept his own Oscar forty years ago.

How do you stand it, especially if you knew ahead of time that Christianity in particular and Conservative American politics (and by extension yourselves) were certain to be insulted?

I love the movies, really. Going back to the distant silents even to the present day true independents, when the combination of true skill in production produces sometimes timeless... sometimes breathtaking art, of every kind. But the "Academy" and the Hollywood "community" is more decadent than the Court of Caligula. And it's not news that it became this way decades ago, and more.

The title of this thread is what drew me, obviously because I was curious to read just how the Obamas "ruined" the Oscars last night, happier and healthier for having found what I believed to be a better use of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment