Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Salt Conspiracy!

Freepers have decided that Michelle Obama is secretly behind a tyrannical conspiracy to make American food less salty.

katnip explains it's not just peanuts!
I no longer buy Lays Potato Chips because they do not taste salted even if the bag says so.
The cheap store brands still have plenty of salt it seems.
Cowgirl of Justice has found another brand in on the conspiracy:
Well, apparently Nabisco decided their saltine crackers didn’t need as much salt either and they now taste like cardboard.

We gave the rest of the three and three quarters sleeves of half salted crackers to our goats and are going to switch brands. Completely. No more Nabisco in my house. I don’t need your high priced a$$e$ to babysit me and decide what is good for me and my family.
Boogieman lays out the history of the problem:
Twenty years ago, you’d see a “Reduced Sodium” version of the product, clearly labeled, but the regular version was still available. Ten years ago, there was only the one version of the product, but at least they usually labelled it “Now with 30% less sodium” or something. Now, it’s just the low-sodium version, but the label gives you no clue. It’s not until you taste it that you find out you’ve gotten an inferior product.

Two things I can’t eat with “low sodium”: french fries and Campbell’s soup. Fries are too bland without salt, and nobody adds enough anymore. Campbell’s soup, well, I grew up eating that as a kid, and it doesn’t taste right to me unless it’s so salty I need to drink a gallon of water afterwards :)
Ellendra isn't going crazy!
So it isn't just me! I've started adding salt to foods that used to be too salty, but I thought it was just my taste buds changing.

Another reason to grow and can my own. With plenty of SALT!!!!
DManA knows this is Serious Business:
Does anyone really NEED salty peanuts?
Does anyone really NEED a Constitution?
GraceG's blood pressure may be problematic...
Salt doesn’t cause High Blood pressure as much as Neurotic Control freak nanny Staters...
Slyfox thinks it's time this Salt Revolution begin!
Back in the 1770s, we fought a war to rid us of people like Michelle and this entire assault of czarships we have been straddled with.

Yeah, and it got rolling because the head czar decided to add picky taxes on every item having to do with paper.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Freepers... gorge yourself on salty foods and kill yourselves off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be among their more self-destructive causes. I guess the Freepers want Obama to keep his hands off their edema and heart failure.

    ReplyDelete