Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Remember when Free Republic used to be classy?

Last October the President of Clinton Foundation had a stroke. Freepers do their usual "I love it when liberals die" thing. But 1998 vintage Freeper SoothingDave suddenly thinks this is in bad taste: "I remember when FR used to be have class about these types of things."

Freepers' replies are an interesting reflection of how Freepers see themselves:

I tend to go with, meatloaf who doesn't think anything has changed:
That must have been before my time, Dave.
Resettozero agrees:
I remember when FR used to be have class about these types of things.

I've been lurking here since '98.

Which day was that?
Artemis Webb thinks the moderation has gotten less heavy handed, and makes a really lame attempt at graciousness:
Not meaning to obfuscate your good point but, when was that? Had not the mods/Jim stepped in every time someone got seriously ill or died threads like this were often nothing but venom.

The only time I remember someone dying and the mods just letting the thread go it's natural course was when Ted Kennedy died. But here's an effort (granted half hearted) I'll make:

Best wishes for Shalala's speedy recovery!
peyton randolph thinks Freepers' bitterness is now justified, unlike those cheery days of 1998...
Perhaps 20+ years of numerous felons escaping justice because of their Demonrat party affiliation has taken a toll on politeness and your idea of "class."

If justice can't be meted out through the legal system, why pretend these criminals deserve anything except our contempt?

The GOPe has perfected the art of losing gracefully. It appears that's worn on off on some FReepers too.
freedomfiter2 is just reacting to oppression, man!
That was before the elites of both parties openly declared war on conservatives.
taildragger agrees - Free Republic used to be a cheery place, until it was betrayed by Republicans:
I remember when FR used to be have class about these types of things.

And I remember a time when Trent Lott, Haley Barbour, Jim Jeffords, ( and all the singing Senators ) Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Linsey Graham, and John Boehner were all the good guys on our team and it was us against those wazkully Democrats...

Then the reality hit me on the head like a freakin' 2 x 4 and I realized they all flawed (perhaps even way worse than I am as a human being, let alone their inability to take a stand or speak the truth and not eat at the K-Street slop trough) and are playing in the looney bin called Disney on the Potomac, and that includes the Clinton's and all their minions...
taildragger then tries for a bit of class:
BTW, Strokes are horrid, I hope they got to her in time with the proper meds/procedures and that she can make a full/best recovery.
onyx also gets on a weird high horse with a weak attempt at best wishes:
I remember when FR used to be have class about these types of things.

Really?

Where's yours?

As for me, I offer one prayer for her speedy and complete recovery.
Jack Hydrazine wants all these newbs off his lawn:
That’s because is now inhabited by government trolls. All the good freepers were banned long ago.
Little rage-demon bert loves the lack of class, naturally:
that means the site finally came to it’s senses and dropped the PC nonsense

7 comments:

  1. Artemis Webb is somewhat correct, in the past modertion was almost full time on FR.
    Now its pretty much just JimRob and a couple irregular others who don't really moderate but just wait for complaints to come in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jack Hydrazine wants all these newbs off his lawn:
    That’s because is now inhabited by government trolls. All the good freepers were banned long ago."

    Wait. Wouldn't that make JimRob a gov't troll? We're through the looking glass here people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Jack Hydrazine wants all these newbs off his lawn:
    That’s because is now inhabited by government trolls. All the good freepers were banned long ago."

    Wait. Wouldn't that make JimRob a gov't troll? We're through the looking glass here people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freeper Mamzelle tells a totally true story and posts a vanity about her wrinkle-bag outrage.

    Thread just started, already quite a few laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in a Yahoo group back in the early 2000s with an Israeli woman who said her son was starting up this "Dead Sea" cosmetic line. I'm not in that group anymore, but I wonder if this is what they're talking about?

      There's a company out of Israel that sells products made from salts, etc. in the Dead Sea. They have always been polite to me. The women are often drop-dead gorgeous. I don't know if it is the same company. If not, then your bad luck. If so, maybe they are more desperate to make money.

      I wonder why these Freepers suddenly hate capitalism, and Israel?

      (I don't actually wonder.)

      Delete
    2. Not just furriners. "lady"jane has a problem with disabled people out in public too:

      "Your post reminded me of one time I was in the airport. San Francisco, I think. This woman came over and sat VERY close to me and was very spastic, jerking round and invading my space. For some reason I had to sneeze. I said in a fairly loud voice to the person I was traveling with “I told you this was the flu. It’s getting worse.”

      LOL the spaz woman immediately gathered her things and moved.

      Come to think of it I’ve used that line a couple of times. It always works.


      43 posted on 2/4/2016, 3:10:27 AM by ladyjane"

      spaz woman ...Freeper "class" right there. Naturally no-one calls her on it.

      Delete