For whatever reason, Free Republic has been un-zotting folks that were zotted long ago, circa the anti-Romney or even the Giuliani purges. Is it for fundraising, a tonic for the troops before the election, a mistake? Who knows?
All that's clear is you'd better toe the line, probie!
Yo-Yo does not like how the OP isn't keeping his head down:
Was there a general amnesty or something? I was banned (apparently) for my stubborn backing of the the eventual 2012 GOP Presidential nominee.Viennacon explains the rules:
Trying to get banned again?
As long as you now realize that Romney was McCain 2.0 and you pledge never to support Krispy Kreme or Jeb Bush, welcome back :DJim Robinson then explicitly lays down today's doctrine - we've always hated Romney!
Facts:gaijin will not let bygones be:
1. Free Republic is a pro-life, pro-family, pro-gun, pro-borders, pro-liberty, pro-small government conservative site.
2, We do not support abortionist/homosexualist, gun-grabbing, amnesty-pushing, statist, big government mandate loving liberals, especially in a primary election.
3. Romney was proven to be all of number 2.
4. I do not order anyone to vote for particular candidates.
5. I do, however, reserve the right not to allow others to promote pro-abortion, pro-homosexual agenda, pro-big government health care candidates on this pro-life, pro-family, pro-liberty site.
6. The pre-primary record proves Romney was an abortionist/homosexualist/gun-grabbing amnesty-pushing, big government liberal and therefore would be a sure loser (as a Republican) in the general election.
7. The post-election record now also proves without a doubt that RINO Romney lied all throughout the campaign (about being a conservative) and is now reverting to his natural liberal state and is now working with the GOP-e against US!!.
8. Our effort to block Romney in the primary was the absolute 100% correct thing to do. Unfortunately, we failed in that mission.
You liked Romney?Delta 21 knows life is cheap here in Freeptown:
I think they were reviving Laz and flicked the switch on you instead. You will probly be banned again when they bring Laz back, so dont get used to it.TigersEye gets challenged on his loyalty:
You have a point about a joke that I made?wardaddy - ya gotta keep an eye out on the regime's current positions to keep ahead of the zot!
I can't believe I'm being challenged on how much I donate to FR. It's really none of your damned business. But I'll lay it out for your dumb arse anyway. I make a monthly donation of about twice what I can afford and I have more than enough reason to give nothing at all for the unwarranted crap I've gotten from the mods.
So here's what I'll do. I'll stop posting and pull my donations and you can make up the difference. That make you happy, jerk?
Things here are pretty fluidkevao's complicated story kinda emblemizes the capricious regime that Freepers post under:
Newbies are hopelessly ignorant of our history
The attitude on amnesty itself is 180 degrees from pre 2008
JimRob did issue a General Announcement regarding supporters of Mitt in the 2012 election cycle - specifically citing his past support of abortion-on-demand. In light of our current troubles, I regret that Romney was not elected in either of the past two elections. But Jim did lay down the law in advance.
You must have missed the JR Amnesty. I was for Cain. Then I was for Newt. Then, when only Romney was left, and the choice was Romney or Obama, I was for Romney (or, much more accurately, against Obama). Even at that late hour, people were being disappeared daily for being pro-Romney (or, more accurately, anti-Obama).
I was expecting to be banned at any moment, as I was arguing the case that better to elect a RINO who would damage the Republic as opposed to a Marxist who would destroy it.
Then, out of nowhere, JR issued the amnesty, and it was OK to be for Romney (read: against Obama). So I never got banned.