Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Freepers won't pray for Obama.

This post is kind of unfair.

Most of the "Pray four Obama" people are actually praying for Obama to do good, etc.

But there are some whose bile is such a delicious mix of exposing Christian hypocrisy and schadenfreude I cannot resist.

austinaero:

I will pray for the military, whom some Americans have stabbed in the back this evening. Peace is in the Lord I know, but, there is a knot in my stomach that just doesn’t get that right now.


Classy.

Berlin_Freeper:
I would pray for Obama but I am not sure it would be devil worship.

So angry he can't make sense!

Sunnyvale CA Eng.
For the nation? - sure, OK
For Obama? - NFW, we know what he is. You do not pray for those who openly work to hurt you. You crush them.

Did Conan pray? No, he Crushed his enemies, saw them driven before him, and heard the lamentations of their women!

TAdams8591
You've got to be kidding.
I'll pray for our nation under Obama; that it suffers as little from the harm he'll cause it as possible. I will not pray for obama.

Godsgirl
I have just wept and wept over this election. I am just undone over the condition of our nation. I do not believe that obama is God’s will, I believe that America has rejected His will. I truly believed that God was going to deliver us out of the hands of haman, but America has spoken and chosen. We have rejected God. May He have mercy on us.

This is not going to be easy for me, but I will pray for obama, because I am
commanded of God to do so. But it will be that God would open his eyes to truth
and that his heart would be changed. That God would grant him repentence to turn
from his wicked ways. That God would put a great burden upon this man’s heart to
care for America and Israel, and not to put our troops in harms way.

Not his safety, but that he turn from wicked ways!

Quix has an awesome twist - praying for repentance of his fellow Freepers who were too easy on Obama!
Lord, God, I forgive those FREEPERS who have minimized the problem; who have white-washed the problem; who have rationalized the problem; who have denied the problem; who have mocked the problem; who have mocked those of us crying the warning; who have mocked the evidence; who have mocked the realities and looming judgment coming.
I pray, Lord, that you will bring those FREEPERS to a place of understanding and repentance. Let them not call down more judgment upon themselves and those near them because of their blindness and willful blindness. Wake them up, Lord, with this horrific election. CAUSE THEM TO SEE the looming judgment with great clarity, soberness and contrition. Cause them to seek your face as never before, Lord.
In Jesus’ Name.


No charity today. Fresh out.

1 comment:

  1. As the Freeper creator of the prayer thread which you mention, thank you for noting that most of us are praying for Obama (mainly for his salvation because without the Lord he will not be able to succeed in this most burdensome job that any American could aspire to). Those who are not, may come around. It is not an example of Christian hypocrisy, however, as you have stated. Rather, it is an example of human frailty and emotion. What the Lord asked us to do is not an easy thing when you believe that the person you are supposed to pray for may truly do irreparable harm to your nation and its freedom. I don't think any of us can stand and be their judge.

    ReplyDelete