Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pledge to America

Freepers recent yelling about going third party has been forgotten for the time being. Now it's all about the GOP's Contract with America 2!

pelican001 worries about the gramar in this historic document:

It looks like a wonderful document in terms of the fundamental ideas, but it’s clearly not up to the compositional standards of the Founding Documents.

Why couldn’t they have avoided the phrases that ended with prepositions, such as this one: “by keeping faith with the values our nation was founded on” ? This is pretty shabby for a document that could have been a classic. It should have said “by keeping faith with the values upon which our nation was founded.”

AmericanInTokyo senses creeping elitism in the bad grammar somehow:
Well, what do you expect?

"Stuff" drafted by low-wage or volunteer interns just fresh out of Princeton or USC who have yet learned how to write correct English.

But, having said that, God Bless them anyway.
BCW is worries Republicans might get caught up in the issues, and stop the personal attacks:

My fear is that the Demo’s are going to lie in wait...and the Republicans will try to broker a peace...

They need not only to stand together as conservatives - but they need to list - and continue to list - how the progressives/liberals/Democrats lie, cheat, and steal from the taxpayers...I hope they push this down their throat and make sure every US Citizen understands that people like Obama can never or shall never be elected again!

Parley Baer is worried the GOP will stop their current issues-based tactics:
What this does is bring the main issues back to the for front for discussion. The dimoKKKRATS do not want that. They want to do their usual character assassinations and avoid the main issues.
upstanding is unhappy the GOP doesn't just stick with the Constitution!!

The various Tea Party groups and the umbrella TP Express ought to hold counter declarations, holding up the Constitution as their pledge.

And with the additional pledge of repealing that !@#$damned 17th amendment.
takenoprisoner is really angry about...crazy things:

Does the pledge promise to legalize freedom?

I’m sick of pedophiles xraying my body parts. I don’t walk like a muslim, I don’t talk like a muslim, I don’t act like a muslim, I don’t look like a muslim. With my southern drawl, no way could I fool anyone. Nor could my mother, nor father, nor grandfather, nor my grandmother, nor great grandfather, nor great grandmother, nor great great grand father nor great great grandmother. Heck, we all look like red blooded Americans here for Thanksgiving.

I could go on to great great great. But, by now, I hope the point is made. We deserve freedom. Our ancestors fought and died for it. It’s ours to cherish. They gave this right to us. We cannot, and we shall not, allow their spilled blood be in vein.

Our Founders spilled their blood so only Muslims were ogled by pedophiles!

patriciaruth sums it all up:

Wolverines!

2 comments:

  1. takenoprisioners, wtf ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sick of pedophiles x raying my body parts.

    ReplyDelete