Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Public school?

Free Republic's interface is, at least for browsing, the best I've seen on a message board. For any message, you can click on a "replies" link and see all the initial replies to it. These replies have replies links themselves, etc.

There's also a backthreading link, taking you back to what a given message was replying to. My experience with the site has been very intuitive.

It makes finding the crazy easy!

So here's a message someone posted on a thread about public schools:

I live in California and have a kid that will start school next September. We will be able to meet the teachers every semester throughout our kids schooling. I want my kid to go to a public school. I would appreciate it if you fellow Freepers could help me develop a questionnaire that I would hand out to the teachers.


Here are some of the initial replies:

You see and hear what the california schools are doing and you still want to send your kid? You need to rethink that idea.This is no joke and you need to take your childs education seriously starting now.Wake up.

Not sure how they make new Republicans, if the schools are all about liberal indoctrination. I know they weren't all homeschooled!

Also, watch out for sex!
How about, which year will my child learn to put a condom on a cucumber, 1st or 2nd grade?
If CA is anything like MA, they'll cheerfully allay your fears. Then one day, your kid will come home and ask you about "fisting". These people believe that your child has a "right" to know about deviant sex and that parents are usually an impediment to work around.
The key to a healthy sexual existence is ignorance. I take the same approach to potty training as well.

But when it comes to actions to take, there's always threats:

I am in NJ & the back to school night I walked in with my husband very early. We sat the teacher down & said there will be none of the following. #1 No Gay anything, books, movies or talk. #2 Don't talk to our 8 yr old daughter about sex, thats our job #3 We must approve & sign any movie permission slip #4 We don't want her taught anything from Al Gore, be it a book or a movie, send her out of the room. We followed this by 2 letters, one to the teacher & one to the principal.

Did this last year too & it worked. However my husband isn't your normal daddy either. He is a biker & he looks sort of mean.
Can't be to paranoid neither!

I’d send my kid to school with a tape recorder DAILY.
I’d want to hear everything that goes on in the classroom.

Sounds practical. But watch out! They're coming to get you, too!
I would recommend you commit your “list” to memory and don’t put anything in writing .. they’ll sue you for discrimination.
Methinks CyberAnt does not know a lot about antidiscrimination laws, or Freedom of Association law. I'll bet money there has not been one case of discrimination regarding school choice. Course, in FreepWorld, Freepers are continually under assault by the state.

Which is why they must all homeschool, so their children can be just like them when they grow up - afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment