Thursday, September 18, 2014

Freepers vs. the census

Via ay-nony-nony.

This is less the current fear of a black planet Free Republic, and more vintage Bircher-type antics. It almost seems quaint compared to the nihilism and genocide of the current era. That is not to say it isn't dangerous.

So a Freeper has a census taker come by. It's probably part of the more extensive American Community Survey. Freepers...not fans of the modern newfagled Census. Some excerpts from his take on the experience:
He claimed all information is "confidential" I said, just ask the NSA, they already know everything about me, have you heard about the NSA scandal? (No.) I said, all information with the IRS is supposed to be confidential, and they are sharing it with political organizations. He said "I don't work for the IRS." I told him, "I don't care, people don't trust the federal government."
...
He said, "It could cost you money" and that's all I can say." I said, "Who told you that? By what authority can you violate my right to privacy and fine me if I don't comply?" He replied, "It's federal law."

I said, "Do you know what the Constitution does?" He answered, "It authorizes the census." I told him, "It limits what the federal government can and can't do, and it doesn't say you can come on my property and cross examine me."
In the peculiarly Freep pride in their fear, Freepers we have not seen in years come out to joyfully trade stories of their craziness with census workers. Some might even be true!

OldMissileer finds yelling about Communism helpful to get people to stop talking to him.
For the 2010 Census I only filled out the parts listed in the Constitution. Several weeks later I was outside doing yardwork and a census worker showed up and told me he was at my home to gather the rest of the information.

I told him that I did what was within the Constitution and that the Government would get no more from me. He said that the law required it and I called him a Communist and told him to get off of my property. He did so immediately. It wasted about two minutes of my time. I also had a 45ACP holstered on my belt at the time so I guess he did not want to argue with me.

I never heard any more from those commies.
rlmorel knows the census done by Democrats for Democrats!
These worthless no-loads typical of a liberal constituency gluttonously feeding at a government trough with MY damned hard earned tax dollars, doing a piece of crap job as part of the Democratic Party, and being paid $22 an hour!!!
Alas Babylon! has the census taker so figured out he actually argues with him online.
This guy sounds like a typical stupid liberal.

Never heard of the NSA spying? Did he sleep through Snowden et al? Bet you he isn’t even aware of the IRS denying non-profit status to any group to the right of Ted Kennedy, nor knew anything about Lois Lerner and her missing hard drive, thinks Obama is just swell, and thinks Republicans are too right-wing nowadays. Oh yeah, and probably thinks Sarah Palin is stupid.
Why semaj's marriage ended, in one census-related anecdote.
I instructed my wife (former) that if a census worker were to come out to the house (rural central California) that she was not to answer their questions or allow them on the property.

Well it so happens that a couple of weeks went by and one particular day I came back home from a day of quail hunting to find a strange sedan parked in the drive way. Mind you I was completely outfitted with shotgun and sidearm, camouflage, etc... I entered the house and approached the kitchen area where I found my wife and the census lady talking. My wife attempted to introduce us as the census worker handed me her business card. I politely reminded her about our conversation on the telephone and then asked her to leave, at which point she quickly exited the premises. I never heard another word about it.
wrench is part of the "Sheriffs rule all" fringe.
Call your Sheriff’s office and report a trespasser, after you ask him to leave and he refuses.

Sheriff’s authority trumps fed drone’s authority.
FlingWingFlyer knows you can never relax.
Sounds to me like someone “casing” the place for a future burglary.
sergeantdave just dicks around with the fools trying to do their Constitutional duty.
I foiled the last census taker who came on my property by speaking Russian. If the census bureau had sent out a Russian speaker, I would have sent out my wife who speaks Chinese. Husband-wife tagteams work well.

Haven’t been bothered since.
bimboeruption used dogs
I came home from work one day and a census taker lady was sitting in her car in my drive waiting for me. Mind you, there are 2 NO TRESPASSING signs posted at the entrance of my farm.

I pulled my car past her into my garage and walked up to her. She said she was a census taker. I told her I answered all the questions I’m going to answer on the form that I had mailed in. She said she had more.

I turned and walked away into my home. I then let my 3 Irish Wolfhounds out to visit with her.

I’m still laughing about it.

I never heard from the Census Bureau again.
Salamander also used dogs.
I used Dobermanns.

It’s all good.

They don’t even send me a form anymore.

:)
Poor usconservative tries to get an incident, but alas, had no opportunity to be all manly by beating up on a Fed.
It's funny because the last census in 2010 we received the form and I wrote "GO F**K YOURSELVES" on it in black marker and sent it back.

Didn't hear a peep from anyone. Kinda disappointed. Was looking forward to giving shit to the stupid Federal Census worker ....

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if semaj's wife (former) didn't use the Census as a pretense to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 99.9% of freepers' stories about run-ins with census takers and "liberals" are fantasies ...
    the other 0.1% ended up with the freeper's arrest for assault, battery, and/or public drunkenness, but they won't tell you about that part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This thread is hilarious. Even a few freepers know how batshit insane this is and try to keep the others from freaking out over imaginary burglary scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, aren't these the same guys who insist on everybody having a valid photo ID and carrying it everywhere they go, or else?

    ReplyDelete