Thursday, May 21, 2015

Freepers hate the Pope pt. 1: Palestine

First, Monday Potpourri looks like its gonna be especially awesome.

Now, to business. I know he's not, but Pope Francis does seem super liberal to me. It's just an illusion projected by comparison to the previous guy, but it is a joy to even perceive organized religion as a progressive force (I'm a Unitarian, natch).

Freepers...not so joyful. In this case, the Vatican officially recognized Palestine. The largely evangelical Freepers have a fraught relationship with the Catholic Church in the best of times, and this Pope is really bringing out the anti-Catholicism. This particular move is extra fun, since it adds in Freeper's performative defense of Israel and a bit of the old apocalypse prophecy.

Da Coyote is super clever:
When I was young, the Catholic Church was Christian.
Catholic HarleyLady27 quickly rambles about prophecy:
There are no Palatines, there never have been...

In the Bible, it warns of the Philistines....they were a waring group and people were warned to be careful of them...

Where this ‘palatine’ thing comes from is from man, not God...

If this pope: “Peter the Roman” wants to go down that road, then he'll answer to a much greater power....
Lest anyone miss HarleyLady27's subtle dis above:
I misspelled that word on purpose because those people are evil....
Trapped Behind Enemy Lines is well acquainted with his extremism alienating him:
I’m a Catholic. I’m a Bible believing Catholic. I put the Bible first. I love my Church and love my faith. AND I AM SIMPLY APPALLED TO NO END WITH THE MARXIST LEADERSHIP FROM THE VATICAN THESE SAYS!!!!

BTW-—I feel the same way about my own country.
jsanders2001 sites hims some prophecy too:
Catholic Church assisting illegal amnesty, destroying confidence in the church wilth a very large of sexual assaults on children, embracing homosexuality, now this...maybe its time to consider it migh be the harlot church spoken of in Revelation
thetallguy24 attacks Freeper Catholics. Preemprively, natch.
Get ready for the backlash from Catholics on here. They can’t argue with the truth though.

I’m sure they’ll call it a “mistranslation”, or they’ll say he’s not a real Catholic. Well if he’s not a real Catholic, then why aren’t phone banks being set up by real Catholics calling their Cardinals to stand up to the Pope.

Is he really that invincible to regular Catholics?
Repeal 16-17 goes so far as to say the Pope must hate Catholicism:
Pope Francis is to the Catholic Church what President Obama is to the United States. A leader that in his heart hates what he leads and does his best to undermine it.
Norm Lenhart predicts the Pope will become Unitarian:
I said a long time ago this communist POS would eventually come out and declare that Jesus was merely a metaphor. Just watch. He has not yet begun to dismantle Catholicism and Christianity.
Part 2 this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. The one thing Freepers willingly overlook in their hatred for Islam is not that Muslims (e.g., Boko Haram and ISIS) commit atrocities against women - it's that Muslim men commit atrocities against women. I'll leave it to the Freepers to say just how "equal" they think women should be, and where they draw the line on religious and societal submission.

    ReplyDelete