Monday, March 7, 2011

Social Security is too awful to cut

Freepers hate entitlements. But, being older, they love Social Security. When someone has the temerity to call Social Security a Welfare program, the sparks really fly:

Walts Ice Pick hates those thieving old people:
Well, this is why the budget problem is so difficult. Nearly all of our seniors are on welfare and they are content with the notion of redistributing income and wealth from the young to themselves.
Mr Ramsbotham thinks Social Security is at such a high 6% rate cause it's purpose is to crush the working man:

Social Security is reverse welfare—people giving up their hard-earned money to support a monolithic State. I understand the rhetoric, but I’m damned offended to be classified as a welfare recipient of a program that takes money that I could have used to become a millionaire in retirement and doles it out to me in amounts barely enough to allow me to dine on Alpo.
econjack is pissed his Mom's death didn't net him more money:

Bush tried to privatize SS, but people said “No! It’s too complicated and I don’t want the responsibility.” Idiots! My Mom contributed all her working life up to age 66 and then retired, only to die of a brain aneurism 7 months later. If we had private accounts, that money would have passed onto her heirs. As it is, the gov’t gets her contributions. How’s that welfare?
ClearCase_guy sees the Social Security Wars on the horizon:

100% of the Left supports entitlements, simply on principle if for no other reason.
And a large percentage of "conservatives" support entitlements like Social Security on the basis of 'I paid in, I want what I deserve'.

My opinion is that nothing will change within the political process -- there is too much support for things which mathematically cannot work.

Therefore, I see collapse and war as inevitable. The entitlements will stop, not in an orderly, measured, tapering off fashion. No, the day will come when it all stops cold turkey and people begin to die.
hosepipe blames those thieving Dems.
The so-called trust fund was robbed many decades ago.. Democrats looted the trust fund long, long ago..

I presume all the Republican Congressmen and Presidents that also raised spending were RINOS, and so count as Dems. Damn you Reagan!

TruthConquers pulls no punches.

The whole monetary system is welfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment