Thursday, January 20, 2011

Punishing the Rich by making them be near black folks.

After Colbert's hilarious polemic against Palin last night, I went to Free Republic to see what they had to say. Alas, they remain silent. But I did find a pretty good thread about Colbert's previous attacks on ending a popular school bussing program. It's got racism AND worship of our Rich Betters:

IronJack knows it's hard out there for the rich:


I’m not seeing the fairness here. At what point do the “rich people” reap benefits commensurate with their contributions?

Because the rich contribute more. What's amazing, of course, is that most Freepers are poor.

Calm_Cool_and_Elected has to make sacrifices to keep her kids out of integrated schools, and that sucks!
My kids are in private school here in Wake County and I will eat rice and potatoes to keep them out of WCPS. My daughter is a junior this year, one more year and we are done. Really chaps my hide that I pay taxes for schools that I get no benefit from plus I pay private school tuition.
SaraJohnson lives in some universe where blacks insist on only being taught by fellow blacks.
I remember the chants and law suits: “White racism has resulted in unequal race quota outcomes in test scores. Therefore only black teachers can teach black students.” Hiring the “best qualified teachers” was made illegal. White teachers were restricted to working only in majority white areas.
albie remembers how black people caused white folks to riot:
This bussing happened in Alexandria, VA in the 70’s. My parents rented in the west end (better schools) just so I go to them. They couldn’t afford to buy there. Then they bussed half of the mostly black kids from downtown to the west end and vice versa.
Result? Race riots on a daily basis. Police there everyday. Newspapers, TV etc. I got shipped to a private military acadamy because I couldn’t walk home without trouble. You were scared to leave the school.
Property values in the west end went down big time.
Well, black folks do ruin a neighborhood!

ArrogantBustard has a couple of comments:

I think the historical premise - and fact - is that schools full of rich
kids
sullen, angry, arrogant, violent inner-city thugs will be poorly funded
and drive away decent teachers.

When you put a cup of sewage in a barrel of pure water, what do you get?
When you put a cup of pure water in a barrel of sewage, what do you get?

It is sad of few black I mean 'inner-city' folks it takes to ruin a school.

No comments:

Post a Comment