Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Obama and the Medal of Honor

Freepers love the military, and hate Obama. When Obama honors Medal of Honor recipients, they resolve this conflict by muttering mostly. But then Obama screwed up that one of the honorees' posthumous status, and Freepers saw their chance to strike!

kristinn hates personal apologies!
The Showboat-in-chief didn't have the guts to announce his apology. He left it to the Monti family to announce it on Facebook.
Renderofveils thinks getting Obama's mistake is a slap in the face to America!
The apology should have been to SFC Monti's family, the entire military and veterans, and the country as a whole for the grave disservice a Commander In Chief speaking so callously of two soldiers' sacrifices.
Sequoyah101 is a partisan hack, and proud of it!

I give him credit for NOTHING. I give no quarter to enemies.

lentulusgracchus notes Obama talked too black in the ceremony:

There is a certain courtly English that is used in military citations for valor. It is stately, dignified, and grammatically precise, not extemporaneous, colloquial, and "street".

Obama shows his unfitness for office, by his not bothering either to learn to use it, or to resort to the assistance of people who know this special language of military citation, to ensure that American heroes receive their public due.

Obama spoke instead as if he were canvassing for votes in a Southside Chicago bar.
I see my hands centers everything he writes.
"Apology accepted"

Why in the world do people so readily accommodate evil?


SoldierDad
would hate Obama to honor his son:

God forbid anything were to happen to my son, but, if my son is killed in action I will not permit this man to have anything to do with any service or ceremony for my son. I would invite President Bush, but not this empty suit.

USMCWife6869 is also horrified by Obama honoring her husband:
Right after I read this, I asked my husband, who is preparing for his fourth combat deployment, if it HAD to be the President that gave out the award. Because if it has to be him, I would spit at him, I think. If, God Forbid, anything were to happen to my husband, I would not want his name to even cross Obama’s lips.

1 comment:

  1. SoldierDad and USMCWife6869 both sound like Cindy Sheehan.

    ReplyDelete