Thursday, June 2, 2011

Surviving in Obama's Depression

Freepers discuss how they are getting by with Obama's oppressive Communism:

A_perfect_lady
has been forced to be financially responsible:

I enrolled four of my five credit lines in a debt settlement company. Now two are paid off and two have apparently given up and gone away. The fifth is back on track. I got rid of my car and ride the bus (live in Los Angeles). Got a forbearance on my student loan. One more year and I’ll have everything paid off except the student loan. I’m getting there. But it’s easier for me; I don’t have a family.

LizardQueen also has a rough life being frugal:

I saw this coming years ago (not trying to brag, I’m just a pessimist and am rarely disappointed). I had already been laid off twice 10 years apart, so we’d already taken to living defensively.

The key is NO DEBT. We paid off the house with my severance the last time I got laid off 5 years ago. We’re both still employed so are socking money away like mad.

Tips and tricks:
1) stay married if you can. Divorce is expensive.
2) Coupons and store sales, combined if you can
3) brown bag your lunch
4) buy what you need but only on sale
5) know where your money is going, it’s easy to waste it via carelessness, especially if you work

Sounds just like the Great Depression!

dalereed also saves, and is rather a dick about it:

I have no sympathy for anyone living on credit!

I’ve had at least 6 months expenses, most of my life at lest a year or more in the bank, starting when I opened my first bank account at 8.

Eacept for a mortgage on our home that has been paid off for 24 years I have never borrowed one cent for personal or business.

MattinNJ on the other hand, is kind of an idiot.
I am coming into some money. I was going to use all of it to eliminate all my credit cards but am going to reserve 10k for guns, ammo, seeds, MREs, and misc supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment