Thursday, June 23, 2011

Palin quits bus tour

Despite protestations to the contrary, it seems that Sarah Palin has decided to take a bit of a rest from her bus tour of Real America. Freepers, always willing to spin for Their Candidate, do so in spades:

RoadTest knows this is another masterstroke:

I find what she does fascinating. This move (or non-move) is true-to-her-form: it’s politically atypical, unexpected and unexplained. I still have the impression she is on course for - - - something. But by keeping everybody in the dark she keeps her opposition off balance and unarmed.

Just watch.

CT Hillbilly is pretty sure this is cause Sarah doesn't want to miss the 4th of July:

In her show, she had said how much they love the 4th of July in Alaska...and it may have something to do with the family fishing business too.

But I love it when she reloads; it’s always worth the wait.

LibLieSlayer loves the spite he sees:

Palin just wants to pi$$ you off... and it worked!

samtheman is waiting for Labor Day cause he likes the metaphor:
Since everything Palin does is automatically put into the harshest media glare possible (as they try to “ignore” her, hahahahahahaha), what better way to highlight the Kenyan King’s Unemployment Problem than to declare her own candidacy on Labor Day.

1 comment:

  1. I swear, when I saw this on the wire, I immediately had to go to the freep, I mean, what will they say? Gnashing of teeth? The "People's Tour" cancelled after just pissing about a couple of blue states and, in passing, revealing the true story of Paul Revere as a gun rights crypto-brit spy?

    I mean, that's a lot, but I wanted more. I wanted corn dinners on Iowa farms, hunting somethin' somewhere... (I'm cool with precisely what as long as something dies, partridge? quail? Dan Quayle? Mexicans?). I wanted her to move in to AZ (a.k.a. current epicenter of crazy) in a televised event (I picture something like Extreme Home Makeover mixed with a Ted Nugent Video. This mess was going to entertain me all summer, and for it to end? I was heartbroken, people! Crushed! And wondered if Freepers were too? I mean, I did know Palin was in it for the money and the attention, but they didn't seem to, and I hoped she'd start to believe her hype and leave the shallow end of the pool.

    Alas as you found out Ozymandias, the power of cognitive dissonance is strong in these ones. Nearly nothing critical, all part of Our Sarah's awesome final Xanatos Gambit, Lame-stream media saying she is making a publicity tour? HA! She's just doing what many of us do over the summer, take our PAC money, plaster a bus with the Constitution and drive around politically charged sites. I know that's how I spent my summer vacation growing up.

    Well, it looks like post-salmon season or Jury duty (?) it may be back on.. Here's hoping. I need my summer blockbuster entertainment.

    ReplyDelete