Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Ann Romney Flame War

After hearing talk radio gush all afternoon, I was expecting the usual hagiography when I looked at the thread about how Ann Romney did at the convention last night.

that is not what I got. I got a return to the long, personal, scripture-filled flame wars of the past.

Truth101A returns to the Ann's 'you people' quote.
Romney doesn’t need any of you little people so step a side and let the flip-flopper keep on flipping you the bird.
Shadow44 claims to be 23 years old, and already name-calling like a pro:
Ann Romney is a class act, unlike Queen Moochelle.
GR_Jr. doesn't like how she said Romney will help America:
With all do respect Mrs. Romney, I don’t want your husband to lift me up. I just want him to get his government out of my way.
GeorgeWashingtonsGhost keeps his eyes on the prize:
ANYBODY BUT OBAMA.. Yes it’s THAT bad.
conservaKate senses bitterness:
I will try to keep an open mind about Ann. But the little bit I’ve seen of her, she does strike me as a cold and bitter woman. By bitter....I mean she seems like she feels she and Willard are entitled to .... well entitled to just about anything they want. She doesn’t seem like she really wanted to work for this nomination.
arderkrag tells the best kind of joke - one you need to explain!
Romma/Obamney 2012! Forward to Restoring America to its foundations! (Restoring in the context means razing)
dandiegirl is voting for Ann because Michelle is sooo evil:
I guess the Mooch’s qualifications are so much better than Anne’s. Go ahead and vote her back in and watch her spend your tax dollars on herself and her topshelf vodka, Beyonce tickets, extravagant trips for herself and her girls and mother and the huge entourage of hanger oners. Have her tell your children what to eat. Have her cover the gayness of her husband and have affairs with SS agents. She can invite more thugs and anti-Americans to the WH —the list goes on and on, but Ann Romney now that’s really bad.
Fawn doesn't much like all the politics in the speech:
I had to walk away from this. I don’t care for her that much.....she seems to talk too much in some interviews too. I heard her say Mitt bought her a ‘hot red dress’ today. ICK!! Now I heard she’s baking cookies....wants to talk to us about Love. Then they gave her the obligatory Hurricane isaac prayer notice and also the ‘I lOVE WOMEN” barf comment. It’s too obvious/fake to me. Hope Christie is better.
o2bfree loves Ann, though:
She is absolutely fantastic, what a beautiful and capable woman Ann is! Ann Romney would make an absolutely amazing First Lady. She’s a successful mother, wife, and most recently as a fabulous speaker at the GOP convention!

You can’t take Ann’s success away from her! No matter how hard you try.
JediJones hates how she pandered to the female vote:
Trying to hold back gag reflex as she says she’s going to give a speech about “love.” Seems like she then transitioned into a long series of extremely unsubtle, condescending pandering to “women.” Like “Go, women, you rock! You’re the best people in the world!” Nah, this speech wasn’t focus-grouped and poll-tested to death. OK, I liked the part about using an ironing board as a dining room table.
M. Thatcher, though, though that by the end she was insulting liberals like you should:
Keep watching. The beginning had me gagging and throwing couch pillows at the tv— but by the middle she started rocking and by the end she was taking it to the other side with gusto, class, and steel. I am NOT a Romney fan, but her speech outshone Christie’s.
haircutter may be a robot:
she did fantastic...

spoke from the heart, looked like a First Lady is expected to look like

and she will bring PRIDE, RESPECT, HONOR, GARACE back to the peoples house..

ROMNEY / RYAN
Texas4ever felt like she was his mother, which seems healthy:
Agree Ann did an incredible job tonight. I felt like she was talking to her boys....you listen to me....your father.....very convincing....I think she has grace and conviction. Regardless of differences, she will make a great first lady.

I never new there were so many haters on Free Republic. Conversation is impossible with a closed mind.
chris37 loves how Ann knows her place.
As men, our job is to do.

Our job is not to complain, or cry, or be jealous or sad or tired or anything else.

Our job is to do.

Women are different. They look to each other for emotional support and things of that nature.

If you are a man, then when and if Ann Romney walked on your body tonight, you didn’t feel it, and you won’t ever talk about it, in fact you didn’t even notice it.

Our job is to do.

That is all.
NoGrayZone knows if you disagree that the speech was great, you must hate Mormons:
Regarding the prompter, she said she had to practice because she is NOT used to reading from one.

She did one hell of a job. She crushed the demons “war against women”. She showed nothing but class and honesty in her speech.

Again, I ask, are you posting in your code pinko “woman’s private part” costume?

You claim to “Fortunately, I have my own mind and can disagree with things.”

I highly disagree. Her entire speech stuck a knife in the commie “war against women”.

You hate their Mormon religion? Fine, then just say it. If not, you are a coward who will be left behind.

6 comments:

  1. I thought it was a good speech, too. I disagree that she "stuck a knife in the commie 'war against women'", but it was pretty good. I think Freepers hated it because she didn't trash Democrats at every turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. North Korea is Best KoreaAugust 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM

      North Korea is a real conservative paradise. All government spending goes to the military and none of it to social projects. freepers belong to north korea !

      Delete
    2. We love you too, Comedian! *Smooch*

      Delete
  2. "...
    and she will bring PRIDE, RESPECT, HONOR, GARACE back to the peoples house.. "


    Don't forget SPELING GUD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By GARACE, she meant to say 'Bring back a GARAGE with an elevator for her Cadillacs ' just a simple typo on the teleprompter

      Delete
  3. Someone explain this one to me:

    "If you are a man, then when and if Ann Romney walked on your body tonight, you didn’t feel it, and you won’t ever talk about it, in fact you didn’t even notice it."

    This is in the post about how men are different from women. So this body walking, is this something this guy would enjoy, or somehow demeaning? Is Ann Romney given to body walking?

    ReplyDelete