Friday, October 5, 2012

The Undecided voter

I love it when Freepers try to understand non-Freepers. Here, they attempt to understand the undecided voter, but then give up and just hate him.

Louis Foxwell has some trouble with the reality-based community:
I talked with a customer today who is a devout Catholic and an unusually upbeat, active, intelligent 40ish woman. She strongly supports Obama.
I asked her, “How can a good Catholic girl like you vote for Obama?”
She considers his foreign policy brilliant and his economic policy exactly what America needs. He has reduced unemployment every month he has been in office. Did not believe it is because people have given up hope of finding a job.
He is doing more to care for people than any president ever. He is not a Muslim and Marxism is 100 years old. (whatever that means) He opposes abortion and seeks to limit it.
She has no information about Obama other than the MSM’s whitewash. She has not read his books, does not believe he is homosexual and considers him the hardest working president since Jimmah.
Romney, according to her, is completely unprepared. He has no foreign policy and will not do anything to help the economy.
It gets worse from there. I was dumbfounded.
Not a Muslim OR a Marxist? Not even gay? Give up on this lady, Lois - she's hopelessly mired in reality.

kidd's apocalyptic pronouncements about Obama don't seem to be getting through either:
There are a bunch of undecideds here in Connecticut.

Example 1: was discussing Obama’s phrase “you didn’t build that” with another conservative (who is also a Freeper). Undecided comes along and says, “Yeah, well both sides say stupid things”. My response was, “No they don’t. There is no way Romney said anything even close to this level of extremeism or ignorance”. His response was, “well, I still don’t know who I’m going to vote for”

Example 2: undecided comes along “who are you going to vote for?” My response “I don’t like either one, but Obama is so destructive that I’ll be voting against him by voting Romney” Undecided says, “well i don’t like either one, but Romney scares me. He’s going to force the Chinese to reform their currency” My response, “Why does that scare you? The Chinese are not playing fair. Without a level playing field, we are losing jobs” Undecided: “Well, I don’t know who I’m going to vote for”
TigerClawsblames Dem operative-lackey Jon Stewart:
Jon Stewart has Dem operatives providing him “comedy.”. It’s all coordinated. He’s the youth wing of the DNC disinformation campaign.
King of Florida goes for the poop metaphor:
I posted this quotation about undecideds four years ago, and the same still holds true today:

To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. “Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of sh*t with bits of broken glass in it?”

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.
silverleaf is sure people only vote for Obama because they hate rich people:
I think undecided means

“I know obama is a f...up and the country is swirling down the toilet, but I am going to vote for the charming black shuck and jive dude again because I envy Romeny’s wealth ... I just don’t want to admit it”

1 comment:

  1. I'd give $20 to have seen that conversation between Louis Foxwell and the nice lady. By the time he got around to calling Obama gay, I'd have been on the floor laughing.

    ReplyDelete